Lazy Sunday.
You know you’re getting old when...
So, what does the weekend become - precious days off spent just trying to recharge the batteries more than anything else. Also, looking around and trying to figure out what things I can get done in the gaps of the week, those that absolutely positively need doing and the ones which would make life nicer and move it along in the right direction if they were done.
I had hoped to get to the NY Comiccon this weekend and take some nifty pictures of the event but, as fate would have it the fire marshals intervened and the event planners did a piss poor job so after a certain point on Saturday people just weren’t getting into the damn thing. Going to a Comic convention is one step short of just totally embracing geekdom but, this was supposed to be a fairly big event with a lot of good panels with industry pros which caught my eye more than anything else.
Long gone are the days of wandering around a convention thinking about what to buy, more it is about seeing just how I can finagle my way into getting some work published and making some good connections.
The night shift thing is wearing me out.
I mean the work is actually pretty good but, even with the limited amount of hours I put in I find myself mostly exhausted.
Like last weekend this weekend was marked by a big cooking extravaganza. Last week it was this pork and bean soup thing (pork in the form of Kilbasa and Chorizo), it came out pretty good and served as a meal for a couple of days. This weekend it was finally getting around to making a big batch of sausage and peppers to take to work as I promised I would. Sounds easy but the only way you get the things to taste really good is by cooking them for hours and hours over very low heat and allowing the flavor to permeate the meat. We’ll see later this week if my efforts were appreciated or not.
Frankly, I’ve just been plum tuckered out these past two weeks. I’m waiting for nicer weather to come and trying to figure out what I would like to do with the summer. So, in lieu of talking about mosques being destroyed and the resultant frenzy, or the death of an actor or two or even just the general stupidity that pops up in the news on a fairly regular basis, I just find myself enjoying each and every bit of quiet there is.
No comments:
Post a Comment